Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day of School 2010

What's a mother to do?
I mean, really, she isn't supposed to be this old yet.
I took the day off just so I could freely think about her all day and, per chance, forget something that she absolutely needed to get through the day so I would have to go back to school to drop it off. Really, it happened.
Okay, so here they are in all their first day glory.

IMG_1574
My heart aches when I look at this picture. She's growing up too quick.

IMG_1575
And this guy...well, I'll tell you a secret, shhhh...he still likes to snuggle. I haven't lost him yet.

So here's the photo documentary of us surrendering our children to the public school system once again.

IMG_1576
Daddy walking Anna to her classroom. Ten bucks to the best "thought bubble" for Anna.

IMG_1577
Anna waiting in the hallway outside her classroom.

IMG_1578
Here's our big 4th grader doing his best to ignore us...I guess we'll get used to it eventually, right?

IMG_1579
Okay, just one last peek before we leave!

When Gavin and Anna got home from school, I excitedly asked Anna what her favorite thing about kindergarten was. Answer: "Napping". Now this is a girl who has her priorities straight!

So tell me, how's the beginning of the school year for you?
First Day of School 2010SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: