Monday, March 30, 2009

Menu Plan Monday ~ March 30

Classic 50's SignImage by escapethematrix via Flickr

Well, I can't say I'm ready for June Cleaver training school but I did did manage to prepare three out of four meals this past week. My eyebrows were not quite as perfectly shaped as my model here and no crack was ingested to get it done as it looks like from my example. But what I discovered is the slogan that I've heard for many years in the rooms now works in many a domestic area as well:

"If you fail to plan you plan to fail."

So how did the undomesticated Betty do? I hit three out of four. That, my friends, took a lot of willingness on my part to get out of my pajamas on Monday at a reasonable hour. I could digress right now and begin a little tangent about the term "reasonable hour"...because really, we all know it's totally subjective. But I have a plan to finish this post so no follies into flippant land are allowed at the moment ( Shhh, June is watching). The trick for me was to have a shopping list for the items I needed to prepare the meals for the week and actually go to the grocery store and buy them. What a concept!

And She Saved Money too!

I also found that shopping this way decreased my grocery bill significantly that week. I made fewer small trips to the grocery over the past week than I did before. Blah, blah, blah. We all know this don't we? So I'm going to move on to things more (or less) interesting...depending on your point of view, of course. Self-loathing is a much more entertaining topic than saving money. So let's move on to that shall we?

I discovered I felt better about myself at the end of the week. I had a little more spring in my step and a little more energy with which to waste on more household work. But, it did pay off in self-esteem dividends. Even if it wasn't recognized as stellar by the commander-n-chief, it was stellar in my little world. So I'm here to sign up for this week as well. I didn't get too many comments last week from the ranks...heavy sigh...and I thought I knew yee. Boy, I was expecting such banter and sarcasm from you, like none I have seen here in the south, but you left me dry...parched...I need a drink.

Could someone make Mama a Cosmo?


(Click on the logo above to see all the links of everyone participating)

So here is the plan for the week of March 3oth:

  • Monday: Tuna Melts, Veggies & dip, chips (healthy meal of the week!)
  • Tuesday: Ravioli & Cheese Bake, Salad, P's homemade bread
  • Wednesday: Leftovers or cereal
  • Thursday: Apple meatloaf, whole wheat Couscous with carrots & cauliflower (Thanks to Jolly Mom!)
  • Friday: Dad's Amazing Homemade Pizza Night (seriously, he needs to open a Pizzeria here in our little town -drive that crap pizza place outa business)
Gavin starts his baseball games this week so these may get switched around if the level of insanity reaches a critical level. Next week I'll be in the Hoosier state letting other people cook for me...how great is that!

Now, step up your game and leave some freakin' comments on this blog...you know who you are!







Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Menu Plan Monday ~ March 30SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

Joe-Nathan said...

Ummm.. a comment, okay. I'll be over on Tuesday for dinner. (oh, and Friday, too - I do loves that pizza).

Love ya, Doll. Keep up the good work!

Kelly said...

I'll be ready for you with Martini in hand!